Celebrating 140 years of educational ministry, Christ Lutheran Church and School began in 1871 in the parsonage of the first pastor of the congregation. The location has changed several times over the years from the Eastern Heights area to Second and Braasch Avenue, to Fourth and Norfolk Avenue, to its present location at 511 South Fifth Street.

The school has grown to include grades preschool through eight with a present enrollment of three hundred thirty students, and a faculty of twenty teachers and several staff members.

Christ Lutheran School partners with families to develop God-given abilities in students so they can grow in knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and live as effective citizens in His kingdom. "From now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view." 2 Corinthians 5:16